Otahuna is an elegant, opulent lodge set on the heart of a rolling country estate. With commanding views of its landscaped gardens and much past to the surrounding plains, the views take you to the foot of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. We’ve been creating fabulous luxurious ski holidays within the Alps and North America since 1986.
- Twenty-eight main works have been specifically commissioned for the Lodge including works by nicely-known artists such as Peter Beadle, Anna Caselberg and Craig Primrose.
- Opulent dinners take place communally in Otahuna Lodge’s dining room surrounded by authentic wallpaper, crackling fire and flickering candles and accompanied by the very best wines from the lodge wine cellar.
- A place the place friends receive the warmest welcome and indulge wholeheartedly within the sense of event introduced by lavish environment.
- Each suite rolls into another in terms of distinctive decor and views.
- Historic Victorian mansion, situated on a small hill with views of the gardens – Suite with views across the Canterbury Plains.
Wide vistas over lawn and lake contrast fantastically with intimate walks which wind by way of heavily wooded areas. Sign up to receive updates, exclusive offers and to handle your wishlist. Each of Otahuna’s seven suites have been designed and styled with relaxation and luxury in thoughts. Enhanced by luxurious fabrics, designer furnishings and lavish bathrooms, every suite has its personal charm and is situated within a singular space of the original homestead. Otahuna organises cooking classes to enable visitors to learn first hand the strategies of the chef and croquet, petanque, tennis, cycling and woodland walks are all actions on web site. Nearby, horse using, fly fishing and golf may be organized as can wine tours within the Waipara district, visits to the harbour city of Akaroa, Christchurch and even a heli-flight over the Southern Alps.
Christchurch, Canterbury And The West Coast, New Zealand
Each retains architectural features from the nineteenth century corresponding to ornate original fireplaces, carved inglenooks and stained glass windows. All luxurious suites provide super-king beds, fantastic custom-made linens, toiletries by Penhaligon’s of London, deep bathtubs and separate rain showers. Boasting a non-public and expansive verandah with magnificent views, this stunning suite contains a hearth, grand king measurement mattress and a spacious ensuite toilet complete with a freestanding bathtub.
Similarly, the Veranda Suite epitomises a ‘room with a view’ with a huge veranda with cane furniture frightening sturdy images of times past. Otahuna Lodge, a Relais & Chateaux property, provides seven distinctive suites set within an 1895 New Zealand homestead surrounded by 30 acres of its personal century-old botanic gardens. The two grasp suites and 5 suites retain grand architectural options from the 19th century, such as 15 working fireplaces, carved inglenooks and stained glass home windows. Otahuna Lodge, a Relais & Chateaux property, presents 7 distinctive suites set within New Zealand’s most important historic residence.